
devirkahan.com – On this episode of TechKnowledgey I talk about a problem everyone with laptops has: The Laptop Fever Problem. Laptops are just not meant to get too hot, the problem is that everyday use causes them to heat up. This can significantly reduce the life of your notebook computer. So what’s a TechKnowledgist to do? Enter, Laptop Lifts from laptoplifts.com which is what I truly believe to be, even more so than all those cooling pads, the solution to the Laptop Fever Problem.
Video Rating: 4 / 5
Question by rammoosh: A Toshiba laptop tips on battery?
I have a Toshiba L40-137. It’s quite new but it doesn’t seem to last longer than an hour when I remove the power cable. Is that the way it should be?
The problem is that the laptop manual is all in German so I couldn’t understand how to deal with it. Could somebody please tell me how to charge it, what bottons to press and so on?
I’m new to laptops in general. So, any tips you can share with me?
Thanks in advance
Best answer:
Answer by tuaamin13
To maximize laptop battery power, you should:
+Eliminate all programs in the background that are unnecessary (ie a webcam manager, when you don’t actually have the webcam connected)
+Turn down the brightness (normally it’s a keyboard combination, like FN plus up or down)
+Enable “maximize battery” or whatever preset that came installed on the PC. My girlfriend’s Toshiba had one that you could press FN and the key with the lightbulb icon and it changed modes from Max to normal to max battery to DVD.
Definitely check to make sure your battery is charging to maximum capacity. That Toshiba I mentioned once had a lemon battery that would only charge to 33%. Bestbuy, where she bought it and got a replacement plan for it, allows for 1 battery replacement per year or something like that. New dual core processors, especially mobile ones, should last at least 2-3 hours on battery.
To charge the laptop, simply plug in the laptop while it’s off or on. Nothing else required. If it’s off, the battery will charge faster, but the battery charges in like 2-3 hours while on too. Most lithium ion batteries do a “spurt” charging, where it charges to ~85% in 1 hour, then trickle charges the other 15% in another hour or so.
You can probably find the laptop instructions online. Just search for the laptop model.
Add your own answer in the comments!
No comments:
Post a Comment